The British Virgin Islands Painkiller cocktail is one of the most iconic drinks in the Caribbean. If you have visited the BVI, it is likely you tried one for yourself either on the shores of Soggy Dollar Bar, where the cocktail was invented, or on any one of the 60 islands, islets, and atolls that make up the British Virgin Islands.
Although the original Painkiller recipe remains a secret, Pusser’s Rum founder Charles Tobias developed a recipe to match the original flavor profile. Fortunately for all, that recipe is simple enough to make at home.
The Iconic Pusser’s Painkiller
- 2 oz. Pusser’s Rum
- 4 oz. pineapple juice1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. cream of coconut
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Fill cocktail shaker with liquid ingredients and shake vigorously
- Pour into a goblet filled with ice
- Grate fresh nutmeg on top
- Sip while you dream of your next vacation to the 600 nautical miles of the British Virgin Islands
The post BVI Painkiller Cocktail Recipe appeared first on Sailing World.