Cataract SGX Oar Shaft
$207.95 – $227.95
The Cataract SGX Oar Shaft is ideal for the boater who wants a stiffer, lighter, longer oar; it’s 33% stiffer than the Cataract SGG Oar Shaft.
- Additional information
The Cataract SGX oar shaft is ideal for the boater who wants a stiffer, lighter, longer oar. It’s 33% stiffer than the SGG oar shaft; great for heavier boats.
- Shaft lengths are listed as the final length, which will include the approximately 27″ long blade you choose (sold separately). For a list of ACTUAL shaft lengths, please see the Specs section.
- You don’t have to know rocket science to row a boat, but it helps to have gear made by a company who does. Cataract shafts are made with the same filament wound glass/carbon/epoxy composite technology used by the aerospace industry.
- These oars perform like no others, translating muscle energy into stroke power more effectively than other oars, giving you the ultimate in oar responsiveness.
- These shafts have an innovative feature. The end of the handle is notched. Placing your thumb in the notch lets you know the orientation of the blade without taking your eyes off the path ahead.
- The SGX model is ideal for the boater who wants a stiffer, lighter, longer oar (10′ and 11′) on heavier boats; it’s 33% stiffer than the SGG shaft. Cataract shafts are ground to a precise diameter and urethane coated for a smooth, durable finish.
- 1/8″ thick grips cushion the handles.
- Blades with 1/5/8″ diameter shanks are sold separately so that you can choose the width and brand that best suits your needs. The removable blades also permit easy storage and transport.