Merciless Eden, by Doug Tims, tells the story of the pioneers, good people and shady characters who carved out homesteads and lifestyles along Idaho’s wild Salmon River.
- If you’ve floated down the Main Salmon River you’ve seen Campbell’s Ferry on the river maps, and you may have stopped for a visit.
- The book reveals the history of Campbell’s Ferry and the true story behind its most famous resident, Frances Zaunmiller.
- It also covers the history of the surrounding wilderness lands and the battles to protect them.
- Doug Tims, CEO of Maravia Rafts and Cascade Outfitters, was also a river outfitter on the Middle Fork of the Salmon and Selway Rivers.
- Doug and his wife Phyllis bought the Campbell’s Ferry Ranch and have spent years lovingly caretaking the property and recording its history.
- It took hardy,resourceful (and perhaps a tad crazy) people to settle in this huge wilderness area.
- Doug has done a great job of capturing the people and the place. If you like tales of rivers, wildness and colorful characters, you’ll love this book.
Author: Doug Tims
Size: 6″ x 9″