Piston for the NRS 5″ Barrel Pump. It’s easy to replace a damaged piston.
- The attached video describes the replacement process. The first step is to saw through the pump shaft with a hacksaw, right above the damaged piston.
- You can glue the new piston to the existing shaft; you will lose a bit of pumping volume. You can also purchase a new Pump Handle and Shaft, Item # 80091.01. The Piston doesn’t come with the Pump Gasket, Item # 80086.01.
- You’ll need a can of PVC Pipe Cement, available at most home improvement or hardware stores, to glue on the new piston.
- Word to the Wise: Make sure the shaft is inserted through the pump’s top cap before gluing on the new piston. We’ve seen folks make that mistake!
- One of the many great things about the NRS Barrel Pump is that just about every part is repairable or replaceable!