Turn your cat into an outboard motor-powered boat with the NRS Cataraft Motor Mount. Great for fishing or motoring through the slow, flat stretches.
- The heavy-duty 1/4″ thick aluminum plate is bent to fit over the horizontal bars of a NRS Cataraft Yoke. The mounting surface is 12″ wide.
- The clamping screws on your motor press against the Motor Mount’s surface, while the opposite side of the clamping cradle presses against the yoke bars, creating a solid, secure transom for the motor.
- The Motor Mount plate is held in place by a 2-ft NRS 1″ HD tie down strap (included) when you don’t have the motor mounted.
- A cataraft adapts well to use with an outboard motor. You can make convenient seating for the person operating the motor by moving your NRS Frame Seat Bar back to a comfortable position. Or, you can attach a seat with a Universal Seat Mount clamped on the yoke or a cross bar.
- In our experience it doesn’t take a large motor for most boaters use. Even a 3-hp motor will move a cat along at a pretty good clip.
- Always attach a safety rope or strap from your motor to the frame.